9 By Design

I am excited about a new design show that is premiering next Tuesday Apr 13th "9 By Design".  Its a show about a husband and wife (Cortney and Robert Novogratz) design duo and their 6+(one in the oven) kids.  They seem to have a modernistic design approach to design which they will showcase in their project overhauls.

I am always interested to watch new tv shows about design. First I am interested in how much of real life is really showcased that pertains to design and how much of the reality do they portray from a design project. Of course it's great to see the finished project and pretty pictures and renderings (which by the way take quite a bit of time to complete), but in reality there is so much more not-so pretty aspects that a design project encompasses. I like when a show does not skew how things are done and what problems arise, otherwise people watching the show have a completely wrong perception of how interior design/architectural projects really are.

Second I don't like when I can sense that the show has been written. I don't mind to see that some situations were planned in advanced for a better show, But when it comes to design and construction,, I don't think you need to create drama where there is already so much of it to begin with.

For those that are planning to watch the show I would love to hear what you think about it.
It starts next Tuesday on Bravo.

Robert Novogratz and Cortney Novogratz in 9 By Design

Novogratz


"9 By Design" cast